・Please use our facilities after you have filled out the necessary items on the designated application to use our facilities, included the user fees, applied to the Kawabe B&G Marine Sports Center, and have obtained permission.
・Applications to use our facilities can be obtained up to three months before the day you intend to use them.
・Please inquire for more details.
・Usage fees listed here
1. Please report to the Kawabe Board of Education beforehand if you will be using the Kawabe dam for rowing or other such activities.
2. In order to ensure the safety of the course, we have put up the following color-coded flags. Please be mindful of them.
White flag... The entire course is open for use.
Yellow flag... Be cautious of gravel-collecting watercrafts and do not go near them.
Red flag... The entire course is closed.
3. Depending on the river current, weather conditions, or other circumstances, we will prohibit the use of the water.
In this case, a red flag will be hoisted on the side of new boat-house, so please strictly adhere to it.
4. The boundary we are allowed to use is in between the 400 m. space from 400 m. upstream of the dam to Kawabeohashi.
5. There will be gravel extraction operations underway in a 2,200 m. zone by the dam upstream during the following times, so please take precautions necessary to ensure your safety.
Wire rope is set up at 400m upstream of the dam.
|March 21st - June 30th||8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Sat., Sun., excluding national holidays)||Special exceptions|
|October 1st - October 31st||(Same as above)|
|November 1st - March 20th||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except Sunday)||Operation periods|
・The operations in the 2,200 m. area upstream will be carried out throughout the year except on Sundays.
6. The ban on fishing for ayu with fishing nets is lifted every year from the latter part of August, so be very cautious while practicing rowing or doing other such activities.
* Other important notes
・In order to prevent collisions or other types of accidents, rowing practice is only allowed from sunrise to sunset.
・ At our rowing course, as a general rule, we row on the right-hand side of the river with the middle as the boundary.
・Boats moving quickly should pass close to the middle of the course, and slow moving boats as well as beginners should pass closer to the banks.
・While practicing riding, be sure that you are equipped with life preserving equipment. (Coaches must check this before riding).
・Depending on if it is necessary, during practice coaches must arrange life boats, as well as fully heed and implement safety measures.